The Xray T4 '16, '15, & '14 1.5mm Soft Top Deck is made from 100% premium carbon fiber which utilizes a standard angle layup to allow for more flexing / twisting. We recommend using this top deck to increase performance on asphalt and green tracks.
- 100% Premium carbon fiber with a standard angle layup to increase flex.
- Cut with layup angles balanced left and right to insure equal twisting resistance side to side.
- Recommend for use on asphalt and green tracks.
- On the T4 '16, adjust your pinion through the spur gear slot. The '16 has adjusted their design so that you access the pinion set screw from new cutouts added to their top deck. However the top deck is already notoriously weak in this area and feel the design should not be adjusted when access is just as easy through an existing hole.
- Typically when the team arrives at an asphalt track or a green carpet layout, we start with our aluminum 2mm chassis and a soft 1.5mm top deck. For the asphalt events, it is common that you will never change this configuration but on a green carpet track it will be very beneficial to go through your top deck range. After the first day on a green carpet track, your car will start to feel somewhat decent and this is a good time to think about putting on your 1.5mm hard or kit top deck (We decided to not release our 2.0mm Soft Top Deck since everyone has a kit top deck to utilize). As the race continues, the traction keeps coming up, and your car feels better every time you hit the track. This makes it very difficult to judge when you should move to the 2.0mm Hard top deck. The best way we have found is to watch your lap times closely and if your calm laps are the same as your blazing fast hero laps, then it is time to change. This happens because your car is creating too much mechanical grip due to the twisting and causing your car to feel awesome but scrubbing a ton of corner speed.