The Avid 7x17x5 Ceramic Engine Bearing offers the maximum performance and reliability to your Traxxas racing engine at an unbeatable price. The bearing specs are Abec5, 8 G3 Si3N4 Ceramic Balls, PA66 with 30 Glass Fiber Cage, and Chrome Steel 52100 Rings.
If your engine is not listed below, please check with your manufacturer first to see what size you require.
Engines Used In
- Traxxas: 2.5, 2.5R, 3.3
- Picco: .26 MAX, .26 Max JL Red Dot
- RB: TM323
- Diagnosing: Typically you can tell a front bearing is going out if after a run there is a large wet spot on the bottom of your motor next to the flywheel. A little bit of wet is ok and usually just a sign of a rich low-end needle. If the bearing is bad your risks/issues will be inconsistant tune and possible chance of damaging the crank/case if it complete goes.
- Installation: The best way to install is to use a bearing puller/installer, OFNA makes a very affordable one. If you place the new bearing in the freezer for 15 minutes it will be easier to install.
- Positioning: This is a single rubber sealed bearing to allow for proper lubrication. Place the rubber seal towards the outside (facing clutch).
- Break In: For the first run of these bearings, Avid suggests that you fatten your motor up on the high-end needle so the ceramic balls will seat instead of skidding them.