The AV1030 machined 12mm piston with 2 x 1.5mm holes offers a conventional setup but with a tight-fitting piston that has little blow-by. It is recommended to use the 2 x 1.5 in truck or SC in the front with 30 - 35wt in order to get a little more pop off the jumps and a more direct feel of the track due to the extra weight of the vehicles compared to buggies. AVID offers popular 2 hole 1.5mm, 1.6mm and 1.7mm as well as 4 hole 1.3mm (#55) flat pistons.
- Use the 2 x 1.3 piston in the Losi SCTE with 32.5 front and 30 rear.
- Use the 2 x 1.4 piston in bumpy conditions where you normally run a 2 x 1.3 piston.
- Use the 2 x 1.5 piston in truck or SC in the front with 30 - 35wt.
- Use the 2 x 1.6 piston in truck or buggy with 30 - 32.5wt in front and 27.5 - 30wt in the rear
- Use the 2 x 1.7 piston in buggy with 35wt in front and 32.5wt in rear.
- Use 1.5+1.1 piston in replacement of the 2 x 1.6. In buggy, typically start with 30 wt oil front and 27.5 or 30wt rear.
- Use 1.6+1.1 piston in replacement of the 2 x 1.7. In buggy or truck, typically start with 30 or 32.5 wt oil in rear shocks.
- For a 4wd buggy, we recommend 1.5+1.1 front with 35 wt and 1.6+1.1 rear with 30 wt or 2 x 1.7 in the rear with 30wt.
- Fits 12mm shocks for Team Associated, TLR 22, and Kyosho (12mm bore, 3mm hole, 2.5mm thick).
- Machined round with a tighter fit to bore of the shock body for less blow-by.
- Each package includes 4 pistons inside of a Doodad container printed with AVID logo.
Setups / Tuning Guide