AV1804 series of 1mm Offset Insert Bushings allow for a new range of tuning using your kit supplied suspension mounts. Avid is offering all three of the stock AE inserts locations (1 Dot, 2 Dot, and 3 Dot) but with the hole 1mm lower (Look at image below that shows the stock black 1 Dot insert on the right and our 1 Dot 1mm Offset insert on the left). After countless hours of testing, the AVID team is offering up this simple solution to allow racers to customize their suspension to get lower or higher roll centers, as well as being able to move all of the other pivots on the chassis. The combinations are practically endless, and as we find out new setups they will be posted on this product page.
- By using this 1mm Offset Insert Bushing (1 Dot) in the D plate of the RC8.2 with the hinge-pin hole in the lower position (closet to ground), you are lowering your roll center which will increase rear traction. A common setup trend on the RC8.2 is to run more rear toe by running 2 or even 3 Dot out. By running our offset insert you may run less toe while still maintaining the same level of confidence you had when you ran 4 - 5 degrees. The benefit comes into play with more control of your car in the turn due to less toe angle fighting the inconsistency of the track surface. And even though more rear toe gives more rear bite it does cause the car to initially respond very quickly while entering a turn before the chassis roll has begun which can get you into trouble sometimes.
- Insert Chart which can be used to determine the settings you need and also includes chart data if you are currently using GHEA blocks.
- Each package includes 4 inserts (blue aluminum plate not included). 1 Dot inserts include 4 of the 1 Dot inserts. 2 and 3 Dot inserts include 2 left and 2 right inserts marked with dot indicators as well a "L" and "R".
- 1mm offset lowers the rear inner arm pivot for a lower roll center when used in D-plate (*PDF insert chart).
- Precision machined delrin with dot indicators as well a "L" and "R" for the 2 and 3 dot inserts.
- Inserts also fit the #89461 Front B-plate to lower the front roll center to a middle location between the standard RC8B and the RC8.2 low B plate #89481.
- Fits: RC8.2, RC8.2e, RC8T CE, RC8B
- Weight: 0.43g (each)