The Avid 14.5x26x6 Engine Bearing offers the maximum performance and reliability to your racing engine at an unbeatable price. The bearing specs are Abec5, G5 Chrome Steel 52100 Balls, PA66 with 30 Glass Fiber Cage, and Chrome Steel 52100 Rings. It has no seals to allow for proper lubrication from the oil in your fuel.
If your engine is not listed below, please check with your manufacturer first to see what size you require.
Engines Used In
- Novarossi: Plus 21-5, Plus-21-7BT, 35 Plus 21
- Diagnosing: If you hold the head of the engine with your hand and a rattle sound disappears then you have a worn out rear bearing. The risks/issues of a bad rear bearing are not holding a tune, crank can get worn, and worst of all the bearing comes apart and eats your piston/sleeve.
- Installation: The best way to install is to use a bearing puller/installer, OFNA makes a very affordable one and Hudy makes a very high quality unit. If you place the new bearing in the freezer for 15 minutes it will be easier to install.
- Positioning: For proper lubrication, face the open side where you can see the balls to the rear of the motor (not the clutch side).
- Break In: For the first run of these bearings, Avid suggests that you fatten your motor up on the high-end needle so the ceramic balls will seat instead of skidding them.